Monday, June 1, 2009

BBC One Switch Accessible Newsreader

The BBC have just released a highly accessible newsreader that will suit many users with it's beautifully designed interface. The up to date stories are sourced from Newsround which has a thirty year history in the UK of bringing world news to children in a clear and non-patronising manner. Ah, good old John Craven...Good points: Clearly written news with well chosen photos, an interface system with distinct icons, speech and a choice of access methods including a one-switch access mode.It's just gone live, and the BBC would very much appreciate any feedback including suggestions for improvements. I'd like to see a two-switch mode and a way to slow the speech down. Then I'd love to see an accessible newsreader for adults too. I love progress! This reminds me that I must update my news ideas page ASAP.Via: Ian Hamilton (Senior Designer, FM&T Vision UX&D, BBC Future Media & Technology)

No comments:

Post a Comment